If you haven't noticed, August in the Greater Newport Area is all about getting outside and enjoying the awesome weather, spectacular natural surroundings and various outdoor events and activities. There is no better place to be in August than right here! This month, we are pleased to be promoting a bunch of active, outdoor events such as:
- Full Moon Paddles on the Pend Oreille River Water Trail
- The Kalispel Tribe of Indians Powwow and Salish Fair
- Pike Palooza fishing derby on the Pend Oreille River
- Cusick Skateboard Contest
- Hydroplane Races on the Pend Oreille River
- Pend Oreille County Garden Tour
- Relay for Life
- Kalispel Poker / Trail Ride
- Charity Golf Tournament at the Ranch Club
- Pend Oreille County Fair and Cusick Rodeo
- Pirates of the Pend Oreille 31st Annual Poker Paddle on the Pend Oreille River Water Trail
- Oldtown Lawnmower Drag Races
Healthy Newport August 2012 Featured Events
Other August 2012 Healthy Events, Classes & Activities**
As always, there are a bunch of other healthy events, classes and activities going on in the Newport area, such as exercise classes and swimming lessons at the Camas Center, exercise classes at Club Energy, dance and exercise classes at Anastasia's Spa & Salon and CREATE, gymnastics lessons at Score 10 Gymnastics, cooking classes at The Kitchen Shoppe, various support groups and more. Check our Healthy Newport Community Calendar for more!
**Please note that unless specifically listed as free for everyone, classes at Club Energy, the Camas Center, Score 10 Gymnastics, CCS Newport, CREATE, The Kitchen Shoppe, Anastasia's Spa & Salon and other community partners usually require advance payment via membership, guest pass, event registration or otherwise. Please check with the host organization for details.
Is our Healthy Newport Community Calendar missing something health & wellness related? Please Contact Us with the details and we'll get it posted for all to see!
August 2012 Health & Wellness Observances